Ski resort website translation
Wow, this project was so much fun. It certainly got my creative juices flowing and my feet itching to be rammed into my ski boots and get whooshing down the slopes!
The website was part of an overall rebranding project for a ski resort which included the design of a great new logo.
The translation itself was varied and never dull. As with most website texts, parts of it required transcreation, looking at the essence of the message and finding a creative and impactive way to get people excited about everything the resort has to offer. Other parts needed an approach which focused more on accuracy and clarity, with important details about skipasses, rates, etc.
This project enabled to make the most of my passion for skiing and everything mountain-related. My knowledge of the relevant terminology and my experience with tourism texts gave me a head start in crafting enticing and functional texts for the English version of this website.
Why not check out the website – just click here!
Dir pane al pane e vino al vino
Oggi vorrei esplorare assieme a te come tradurre la parola ‘pane’.
Semplice, no? Pane. Bread. Pain. Pan. Brot.
Ma prima di chiudere il discorso, pensa per un attimo alla parola ‘pane’. Cosa ti viene in mente? Un filone? Il pane in cassetta? Pane bianco? Pane nero? Se sei umbro magari ti viene in mente l’immagine (more…)
Other food texts
- Two large-scale projects for websites selling top quality Italian produce. I was involved in translating an extensive range of product descriptions to inform and entice potential buyers. This required the use of persuasive language as well as extensive knowledge of range of regional products from throughout Italy.
- Book Revision of a fictional travelogue and recipes – The “protagonist” of this book was a world-famous Italian cheese. The translation had to be checked for readability and accuracy.
- Presentation video – I translated the texts for video material presenting a leading company in the gluten-free sector
- Seasonal menu translation for a restaurant specialising in local cuisine from the Lake Garda area.
- Translation of promotional magazine for a large supermarket with recipes and product descriptions.
- Product labels for a cheese and cured meat producer.
- Translation of a promotional book detailing the celebrations of an important anniversary of a leading pasta producer in Italy
- Translation of voiceover texts for a promotional video on sanitisation technology in wine production
- Translation of website texts and press release for company specialising in the production of authentic panettone in Italy.
- Translation of website texts for a Franciacorta wine estate.
- Translation of a cake-making TV series for subsequent voice over.
- Translation of profiles with details of the experience and stories of rising stars in the world of pastry chefs.
- Transcreation of a slogan and promotional texts for a chocolate brand.
Other wine texts
- Two large-scale projects for website selling top quality Italian produce. I was involved in translating an extensive range of wine descriptions to inform and entice potential buyers, ensuring texts were accurate and appealing.
- A letter from a wine producer presenting and explaining a range of new labels to vendors.
- Consultancy project for the slogan for a wine range.
- Brochure for wine producer in the Valpolicella region. The text contained descriptions of products, including Amarone, Soave and Lugana.