Alpine Strukturen by Ingo Rasp
I was blown away when I first saw Ingo Rasp’s photography. He is clearly incredibly passionate, motivated and has a great eye for unusual details. After working together on a translation for a project about mountaineering, I was delighted when Ingo got in touch again about his latest project. He asked me to come on board to work on editing some previously-translated texts as part of the second edition of Alpine Strukturen. The texts already had a very clear style of expression so my task was just to clear up a few minor ambiguities and ensure his clear style extended throughout the text.
One of the key themes in this project was the changing landscapes of alpine areas, something which I have experienced first hand when climbing in the Alps, seeing how rapidly the glaciers are retreating there. It was an absolute honour to work with Ingo Rasp and be a small part of this incredible project. I’m looking forward to working together again at the next opportunity.
Why not check out his website and take a peek at his breath-taking photography?
Other food texts
- Two large-scale projects for websites selling top quality Italian produce. I was involved in translating an extensive range of product descriptions to inform and entice potential buyers. This required the use of persuasive language as well as extensive knowledge of range of regional products from throughout Italy.
- Book Revision of a fictional travelogue and recipes – The “protagonist” of this book was a world-famous Italian cheese. The translation had to be checked for readability and accuracy.
- Presentation video – I translated the texts for video material presenting a leading company in the gluten-free sector
- Seasonal menu translation for a restaurant specialising in local cuisine from the Lake Garda area.
- Translation of promotional magazine for a large supermarket with recipes and product descriptions.
- Product labels for a cheese and cured meat producer.
- Translation of a promotional book detailing the celebrations of an important anniversary of a leading pasta producer in Italy
- Translation of voiceover texts for a promotional video on sanitisation technology in wine production
- Translation of website texts and press release for company specialising in the production of authentic panettone in Italy.
- Translation of website texts for a Franciacorta wine estate.
- Translation of a cake-making TV series for subsequent voice over.
- Translation of profiles with details of the experience and stories of rising stars in the world of pastry chefs.
- Transcreation of a slogan and promotional texts for a chocolate brand.