Video Valli di Lanzo – A series of informative and promotional videos describing the historical and natural features of specific walking routes in the Lanzo Valleys near Turin. The project involved the translation of voiceovers texts and the preparation of English-language subtitles. As well as being sensitive to the time restrictions for the voiceover and the subtitles, this project entailed detailed research to ensure a well-balanced approach to describing local places and legends. For more details, see the CAI Lanzo youtube channel.
A series of blog posts describing an Italian walking guide’s experiences in the UK. These translations required sensitivity to the unique writing style of the author and awareness of the subject matter.
This ongoing collaboration has included translations of press releases and media communications. Hervé Barmasse, a leading Italian alpinist and part of The North Face team of athletes, has a unique and inspirational way of engaging with his followers. My translations are sensitive to his style of writing whilst ensuring that the practical details regarding ascents and mountaineering terminology in press communications are correct.
- Two large-scale projects for websites selling top quality Italian produce. I was involved in translating an extensive range of product descriptions to inform and entice potential buyers. This required the use of persuasive language as well as extensive knowledge of range of regional products from throughout Italy.
- Book Revision of a fictional travelogue and recipes – The “protagonist” of this book was a world-famous Italian cheese. The translation had to be checked for readability and accuracy.
- Presentation video – I translated the texts for video material presenting a leading company in the gluten-free sector
- Seasonal menu translation for a restaurant specialising in local cuisine from the Lake Garda area.
- Translation of promotional magazine for a large supermarket with recipes and product descriptions.
- Product labels for a cheese and cured meat producer.
- Translation of a promotional book detailing the celebrations of an important anniversary of a leading pasta producer in Italy
- Translation of voiceover texts for a promotional video on sanitisation technology in wine production
- Translation of website texts and press release for company specialising in the production of authentic panettone in Italy.
- Translation of website texts for a Franciacorta wine estate.
- Translation of a cake-making TV series for subsequent voice over.
- Two large-scale projects for website selling top quality Italian produce. I was involved in translating an extensive range of wine descriptions to inform and entice potential buyers, ensuring texts were accurate and appealing.
- A letter from a wine producer presenting and explaining a range of new labels to vendors.
- Consultancy project for the slogan for a wine range.
- Brochure for wine producer in the Valpolicella region. The text contained descriptions of products, including Amarone, Soave and Lugana.
- Travel Guide for Rome – This translation called for snappy and enticing texts which would inform and invite the reader to discover some unusual and quirky sites in Italy’s capital city.
- Guide for the Way of Saint James – This translation followed the Way of Saint James, also famously known as the Camino de Santiago, as it leads pilgrims on their journey to Santiago de Compostela. The text provided information about the history and culture of key places along the route and their relevance to the pilgrim route.
- Website for hotel with details of accommodation and restaurant facilities